Monday 28 October 2013

Travel Bug

Have found myself day dreaming about my time in Singapore the last few days. Well, that and actually dreaming about it. The last few nights have been filled with dreams of booking flights and faraway countries, like Egypt and Japan. They're very detailed; in some I'm even clearing traveller's cheques and paying for taxis. It's clear to me now that traveling really is a huge passion for me.

If I try to pinpoint why, it comes back to that whole idea of just being somewhere completely different. Of that strange mix of fear and excitement and enjoyment. The more I think about it, my last day in Singapore was probably one of my favourites. I had nothing planned, and was merely killing time until my flight in the evening. Walking down the streets, I had no idea what I was going to find. And then suddenly, I was in this massive mall, where people frequented and lived their lives. Something I would've passed by otherwise. It really felt like a dream, where the world just keeps expanding in front of you, and you drift through, not quite sure how you got to the place where you are, but seem to both know, and not know, your surroundings.

The last few weeks have been really good for thinking about where I'm headed now. I'm nearly 23. Just thinking about the fact it'll be 2014 soon boggles me. I've recently started my own business. I'm thinking of moving out. Girls are now on my radar. I'm seriously thinking it's time to fly the nest and beginning more of these adventures, which are now occupying more of my headspace than a simple, fleeting pleasure would.

It's daunting of course. I wouldn't just be leaving my comforts behind, but also my best friends. My family. But it's got to happen sometime though.

No comments:

Post a Comment